HOLT Specialist at Credit Suisse

Accountancy Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

7.9/10

7.4

I enjoyed it a great deal. Well organized training sessions, meetings and teach-ins with experienced people, as well as plenty of networking opportunities. The internship is well structured to make the most of it and, in addition, It gives a lot of flexibility to pursue your own interests and desires.

They all have been very open and have shared their experiences in big detail. In particular, they all tried to put themselves in my position and understand my questions and doubts. Overall, I felt they were genuinely interested in knowing whether I liked the job and not just "testing" me.

The management team (my supervisor included) was really supportive and gave me a lot of freedom to plan my internship. In addition, they were always asking about how I felt and how I was doing, trying to help me get the most out of the internship. Finally, they always made sure that I had all the resources necessary to achieve my objectives.

It depended on my own planning. Some days were packed with meetings and networking sessions, other days were focused on helping other analysts in their own analysis or work, while other days were just focused on my Long Term Project. Overall, it was a well balanced experience, allowing me to fully understand the way the team worked and also make my own recommendations.

I was given a fair deal of responsibility. For example, I helped analysts with their research pieces and was allowed to put my own perspective and views into them. Overall, I felt that I had the same level of responsibility that my colleagues had, and that my opinions and recommendations were well heard.

Given my previous background and work experience I don't think that I have developed any particular skill further than I already had. Perhaps the most interesting thing was understanding how important the clients are for the bank and for my division in particular, and how the team is clearly focused on helping clients get the most out of the services we provide.

The atmosphere was well balanced. For example, we took some time everyday to go for a cup of coffee and talk about non-work related subjects. The team was open for you to get into discussions and give your own opinion, which made the internship much more entertaining. Finally, we all met as a team at least twice a week, sharing whatever we might find interesting for everyone to know.

Everything was well organized. As I arrived I received all the information / systems and IDs I needed, with no time to waste.

In addition, my scheduled was packed with training, information, and networking sessions since day one.

During my first weeks, I was askedwhat I wanted to do / focused on and every possible effort was made for me to be able to do it.

I believe that the training sessions could have been better, as they didn't adjust in a fair manner to both my academic and business background. As a result, my first week in training felt like a waste of time (in the "learning" aspect, as I was able to network with other interns).

I really enjoyed my time here and would definitely evaluate a full time offer if I get to receive it. I have a deep understanding of what the job entails and I am certain that I have the skills required to be successful in it. Moreover, I believe that the company provided a very challenging environment and plenty of opportunities to learn from.

Yes, there where lots of opportunities to network both inside and outside of the work place.

Canary Wharf, and London overall, is not a cheap area, so cost of living and socializing are relatively high, as can be expected. The company, however, provided many opportunities for us to meet and socialize, including lunches and drinks every now and then (all covered).

N/A

Plenty of chances to meet outside of work, including charity days, barbeque evenings and drinks with colleagues and interns.