Intern at Credit Suisse

6.7/10

7.6

5.5

Summer Internship

Enjoyed the internship a lot, really insightful and beneficial to have rotations rather than being on one desk as you get to experience a variety in the division.

Very well valued, colleagues gave me tasks of responsibility that added value to the team, offering praise when the task was completed well.

A lot support and guidance was given by all supervisors - even if they thought their desk was not for me, they were very keen to introduce me to the right people.

Kept very busy, which I see as a positive thing. Desks vary by what kind of work they do, but on all desks I was consistently given work by my supervisors/other team members which was worthwhile to my learning.

A reasonable amount - it can be difficult for some desks to give you responsibility because of the nature of the work and regulations, but all desks made an effort to ensure tasks I was completing would add value to the team in some way or another.

Work ethic is a significant skill you pick up on the internship, which I think will help in all aspects of studies/work. The soft skills I've gained are definitely the most transferable.

The atmosphere differed between desks just due to the nature of work. On some desks, the atmosphere was quieter allowing me to focus on specific tasks, whereas in some it was more vibrant.

Very well organized - felt like the internship ran smoothly, and this is mainly down to the experience the Campus Recruitment team have built up.

I think the firm invested heavily in us as interns - not only with resources like IT, access to Bloomberg, desk space and networking events, but also with their time spent teaching/networking with you.

Very appealing, the company showed it is willing to invest in us, provided we show we have the right attitude and work ethic. Felt like it was more 2-way in that both sides are equally wanted.

Yes, the interns were actively encouraged to socialize, all of us got on really well.

In London, the cost of living and socializing is very high, although there is student accommodation available in nearby areas.

Again, in London, nightlife is very good.

Yes, we all took part in a Philanthropy day helping out a nearby charity, something the company is very well established in taking part in.