3.8/5
  • The Company
    4.2
  • The Culture
    3.4

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • I enjoyed my internship. I was lucky to work with a great team who were friendly and wanted to help me do well. The work was interesting and engaging and was valued by the team.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • My colleagues took time to explain the work and gave insight into the job and the industry. The work I completed was valued and used by the team.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • My supervisors were there to give guidance and answer any questions. The internship also had a mentorship programme for career guidance from a senior banker.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • The internship was intense and I was busy often. The work was demanding and often kept me in the office late. In times when my work was light, I was doing extra training or reading up on the industry.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • I was given responsibility from the start of the internship. I was given opportunities to work with people across the team, and in some cases directly with senior bankers.

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • The skills will be very useful in my future career. I learnt technical skills which will be useful in any finance role. I also developed my soft skills, such as networking.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • The atmosphere was friendly. When spending long hours in the office, the positive atmosphere kept everyone motivated and happy.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • There was training for the first week of the internship which was well structured and covered a lot of content. There were also events organised throughout the internship, such as networking events.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • The firm invested time on training the interns. The team also spent time training for industry specific skills. There was a lot to learn and it was a very steep leaning curve, and there was a lot of emphasis on self-teaching after training.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Subsidised/Company Gym

Company Parties/Events

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • There are good prospects within the firm and the internship has the potential to become a full-time offer.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • Yes, it was nice to have the other interns to spend time with and help each other out.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • London is an expensive city, and being in Canary Wharf was quite expensive.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • There is good nightlife nearby or accessible by public transport.

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • There were team activities and social events often. There is also a gym in the building.

Banking - Investment