Intern at Credit Suisse

Banking - Investment

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.3

I enjoyed my internship. I was lucky to work with a great team who were friendly and wanted to help me do well. The work was interesting and engaging and was valued by the team.

My colleagues took time to explain the work and gave insight into the job and the industry. The work I completed was valued and used by the team.

My supervisors were there to give guidance and answer any questions. The internship also had a mentorship programme for career guidance from a senior banker.

The internship was intense and I was busy often. The work was demanding and often kept me in the office late. In times when my work was light, I was doing extra training or reading up on the industry.

I was given responsibility from the start of the internship. I was given opportunities to work with people across the team, and in some cases directly with senior bankers.

The skills will be very useful in my future career. I learnt technical skills which will be useful in any finance role. I also developed my soft skills, such as networking.

The atmosphere was friendly. When spending long hours in the office, the positive atmosphere kept everyone motivated and happy.

There was training for the first week of the internship which was well structured and covered a lot of content. There were also events organised throughout the internship, such as networking events.

The firm invested time on training the interns. The team also spent time training for industry specific skills. There was a lot to learn and it was a very steep leaning curve, and there was a lot of emphasis on self-teaching after training.

There are good prospects within the firm and the internship has the potential to become a full-time offer.

Yes, it was nice to have the other interns to spend time with and help each other out.

London is an expensive city, and being in Canary Wharf was quite expensive.

There is good nightlife nearby or accessible by public transport.

There were team activities and social events often. There is also a gym in the building.