1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship overall, while it was challenging, it was a great learning experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
At first I was really surprised by how important the work we were given was and I found myself very happy to quickly be involved in real deals.
After the mock case study and my poor performance I somehow felt that people doubted my skills (which was legitimate) and that was harder.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyone in the team was extremely helpful in showing me how to do things and walking me through tasks. I always felt like it was okay to ask questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have been extremely busy during the internship, I did not have any down time except the first few days and a bit after my mock caase study. That was good as I was never bored
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a good amount of responsability given my junior level
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that the skills I have achieved will be extremely helpful for my masters
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very good atmosphere, welcoming and friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Staffing was good, done by our buddies or at least always monitored by them
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm invested a lot in me, with multiple trainings and resources made available to develop my skills
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
To me working at Credit Suisse results extremely appealing
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London was very expensive, but most of my expenses were covered except for travel
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I did not have time to do activities other than work