1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my marketing internship and have gained a breadth of experience over the course of my 8 weeks here.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All members of the team were extremely welcoming and treated me just as they would any other member of the team. This made me feel at ease and enabled me to ask any questions I had, ultimately allowing me to gain more from my experience.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had weekly meetings with my team, and regular meetings with my line manager. Due to the good relationship I had with my team, I felt that I could ask any questions as they arose.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Over the course of the 8 weeks I was set a group project with the 10 other interns, this meant that there was always something to be working on. Furthermore, I was set my own individual project and were given other tasks over the course of the 8 weeks. If ever I felt I didn't have enough tasks, I would voice this and someone in the office would always provide me with something to do. All tasks I undertook had were live projects and had meaningful consequences.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was set the task of organising an event for our consultants abroad, as well as sourcing out of home advertising along with other live projects. It has been great to see the outcome of the work I have done over the 8 weeks and see how it is used in the real world.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have gained over the course of my 8 weeks have been invaluable, I have been able to learn so much about the business and workplace culture. It has also been great to see how my academic skills learnt at university can be transferred into business.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a very welcoming culture at FDM Group, everyone is very friendly and wants to get to know one another. There are also many opportunities for you to get involved in social events after work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organised, it was great to be set a longer term project that spanned the 8 weeks as well as other tasks that were more short term. There were clear deadlines and goals.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were able to take any training we wanted with the academy, provided it fit in with our schedules.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
We were offered the opportunity to fast track into the academy, however as I undertook a marketing internship the academy is unrelated to my field of interest. We were informed that it is hard to predict which internal roles will be available for when we graduate.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Extremely good social scene, many events occurring throughout the week.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As I was based in London, it was extremely expensive if we wanted to eat/drink out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London nightlife is great, there is always something on no matter what day of the week it is.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes, there was always an opportunity to socialise with my colleagues outside of working hours whether it be for dinner or drinks.