Online Sales & Merchandising Executive at TUI UK

Luton South East
Business Analytics Business Management Marketing Sales

8.3/10

I really enjoyed it. I've never done this sort of role before or worked for such a large company, but it exceeded all my expectations. I enjoyed my year the most out of all my friends who completed industrial placements - which speaks volumes.

I definitely felt valued by my colleagues. You are given real responsibility from the get go - and any contribution is encouraged. You are treated as any other member of the team would be.

I was given support from my manager - but also encouraged often to think for myself and make my own decisions. I think this technique meant I became more independent and didn't rely so much on my manager to help me come to a decision.

I was never left with nothing to do - it all depends on the time of year. From the start, I was helping support 3 national marketing campaigns on the web - including Black Friday. This was a very busy time of year for my team. Post Christmas I had more time, but the focus on personalisation and testing then ramped up.

A lot of responsibility. You are definitely seen as a trusted member of the team and relied on to make and deliver important decisions. I think this is one of the best things about the placement scheme.

My role isn't quite as relevant to my course as others - but I believe the skills I have developed this year I can definitely apply to my course and indeed other areas of my life. Increased confidence, organisation and becoming more commercially minded being key skills.

GREAT! It's a great working culture and there's always something going on. Particularly belonging to the commercial placement scheme - as I got to attend commercial events. We also had Chris & Kem, candyfloss machines & free ice cream at one point...

Really well organised. A credit to the L&D team.

We got to do the strengthsfinder test, which was very insightful. We also have regular learning weeks whereby we can attend L&D sessions to build up our PDP.

Not as concrete in some roles as others. But senior managers are pushing to change this.

Fab! We did lots of activities together - helps as there aren't many of us so we are a tight knit group.

Cheap in Luton - more expensive in Harpenden and St Albans.

For nightlife you can easily get to Harpenden & St Albans nearby - lots of pubs & bars. In addition there's always London

Yes there is a running club and other social events