Audit Vacation Student at KPMG

Auditing/Tax

KPMG is a Top Employer

8.4/10

4 week summer placement in audit

I really enjoyed my time on the programme, met lots of interesting people and everyone was really welcoming and friendly. I found the work really interesting.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

I felt extremely valued - in a lot of ways I was treated like a full time employee which made me feel very important. I was put straight onto projects with people of different levels and learned a lot over the 4 weeks.

There was a lot of support from people you worked with, everyone was really friendly and more than happy to help with any issues.

I think the skills I have learned will be useful for the rest of my degree, namely gaining confidence and also computer skills which will also be useful in any job.

There was a structure to the insight but this was quite flexible which I think is a good thing - there was the opportunity to move around and do what you want to get the best out of it.

There was a good balance of work and enjoyment, you could tell people genuinely enjoy what they do and it made me want to work there.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

I was set up on the firm's training system and given several learning courses to do as well as the opportunity to do many more. It made me feel really invested in and helped a lot with settling in.

Seeing as the work I was doing was what I would be doing as a full time new joiner, I feel that I got a very good idea of what it would be like to work here full time. It was really useful to ask others and hear their experiences to get a good picture.

There was talk about the social side of the company which helped get an understanding of what the culture is like.

The things I have learned here have reinforced me wanting to pursue a career in this path.

As I said you were treated like a proper employee, so any expenses were paid for and the vacation scheme was also paid.

There was a social event organised for summer vacation students which was a nice opportunity. There was plenty of time to network and talk to current employees inside and outside of work.

Unfortunately I was unable to attend the event organised for vacation students due to timing and location, so this could have been better, but the idea of it is really good.

There's lots of information about out of work opportunities that employees can do, and it was interesting talking to colleagues about it.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in pursuing a career in this area, I was treated really well, learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed my time here.