Summer Intern at Credit Suisse

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

7.7/10

8.6

5.5

Summer intern in the IBCM division

Well organized from the start and the selection process felt fair. A week's training put us in good stead to perform well with our respective teams.

Colleagues take the time to explain, teach and mentor. It's clear that you are part of the team and your involvement depends on your efforts. As the internship has progressed, we have had more and more exposure and trust given to us. You also get to understand the bigger picture more which in turn helps you perform.

Your team buddy and senior mentor ensure there's somebody to approach about any issue. They will help with practical understanding of the work, or help with higher-level decisions.

There is inherent shifts in the workload in this job, but it is managed well by the staffer and other analysts.

Responsibility and trust come with effort and quality work - that will always be down to the intern.

Not aligned totally with my degree, but the experience has definitely shown what a career in banking with CS can be and I am dead excited to start! The soft skills you learn put you in a good position to have a great career at CS or elsewhere. As a result of the summer I feel confident in my decision to want to continue here as a FT analyst.

Its evidently a very hard working office, from the MDs to the analysts. The interns are encouraged to take on as much as possible, and in that regard the encouragement is very positive. It is also clearly a team. there have been several team drinks over the summer where we have got to know people better.

The practical organization has been very good - from the assessment day to the feedback during the internship. It helped to have a first week or training and IT setup as this avoided too many difficulties or issues later on. Feedback is ad-hoc, within the team with those you work with, but is also given in a structured format throughout the summer.

Training was offered in the first week to prepare us for the summer. Many of us considered this a significant time and monetary investment in us and showed we are expected to be of value in the team. There have also been soft-skill training days through the internship, as well as a speaker series where we can hear from some of the bank's most senior leaders.

very! as the internship has proven to be a great taste of what a career will be like here, and we have been able to speak to those at analyst level right through to MD level, there is a good understanding among interns of what the job would be like. The analysts speak very highly of their experience.

There have been parties among the interns and the odd night out in London. Among all of the hard work, intern colleagues made an effort to arrange drinks or invite others to weekend plans. Generally, colleagues try to be out of the office by 7/8PM on Fridays, allowing for evening enjoyment!

As the internship is in London, the cost of living is not insignificant. It is fine if you are able to be organized and find somewhere early. The bank also offers an upfront payment to help with moving into London. It would be wise to live as close as possible to work.

Canary Wharf has its share of bars, and over the weekend, you have London to enjoy. Both international and UK-based interns have loved exploring over weekends. 'nightlife' mainly consists of the local bars, but again you can travel into the City from Canary Wharf. Generally, colleagues try to be out of the office by 7/8PM on Fridays, allowing for evening enjoyment!

During the internship, there has been a speaker series in which we have heard from top management in the bank, a charity day in which we travelled to a local charity and gave assistance for a day. This was rewarding and good fun. the interns also make an effort to socialize over the weekends.