Marketing at Cummins

Daventry East Midlands
Advertising Arts/Entertainment/Media Business Analytics Business Intelligence E-Business Economics Financial Management Languages Marketing Media Public Relations Sales

Cummins is a Top Employer

6.9/10

4.5

I thoroughly enjoyed my work placement at Cummins, it is such a great environment to work in and you are surrounded by a really supportive workforce. I don't feel as if I am treated as just another 'placement student' I actually feel part of the Cummins family. I did not expect to enjoy a year in industry this much but it has given me a positive attitude towards working in the future

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Cummins

I felt extremely valued by my colleagues, everyone is so welcoming right from the start I felt very comfortable. If I ever feel unsure or stuck with something I feel that I can ask anyone a question and get a knowledgeable response back, rather than being judged for not knowing something.

The support given to me by my manager was amazing, they were really understanding of what you wanted to achieve whilst on placement and if you suggest certain topics you wanted to learn more about, this is worked out for you.

I'd say it was the perfect balance, I was kept busy with interesting tasks so I was never bored, however it wasn't so much that it was overwhelming or too much that you couldn't handle the workload.

I felt like I was given a fair amount of responsibility, which boosted my confidence as I felt like I was trusted with important tasks or being part of a team on a large project. I wasn't ever put in the dark though, if I was given responsibility it was because I was knowledgeable in that area.

I learnt a lot about Marketing in the real world, things I didn't realise even existed before coming on my placement. Not only did I learn about marketing though, I learnt about working generally in a business environment which was super useful and will definitely be helpful when it comes to getting either a grad job or permanent role.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Cummins

The atmosphere in the office was fairly quiet as a lot of people were in and out of the office due to business travel, however the majority of people I met are happy to talk to you and get to know you. There are opportunities to travel to different branches/offices so you dont have to just work from one office all the time if you wanted to switch it up.

I felt it was a very organised placement, when I first started I had a meeting with the previous placement student and my manager to go over the work plan and what was expected of me throughout my placement year. This was also kept up to date through regular 1-2-1 meetings with my manager.

The company invest a lot of time in your personal development, within the first 4 months I had 4 workshops from an external trainer to help us settle into a business environment, we learnt about skills such as presentation skills, communication skills, confidence building etc.

There are many grad schemes available and also permanent roles which you can apply to. I have noticed a lot of people tend to come back to Cummins after their placement and tend to stay with Cummins for a long time.

A lot of the placement students had regular social events such as BBQ's an parties. A lot of the placement students lived together in the same areas as well so its easy to make friends.

Relatively low cost of living

Not a very good nightlife, but there are towns nearby that are better you just need to travel a bit

There are lots of sports and social clubs to join, however I was not part of any of these so cannot really comment on any of them