At ASOS it was my job to put all the products live into the website. It was also my job to make sure that all deliveries were going to be on time. This meant constant communication with the brands to help them meet these targets.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved working but it was such hard work at times
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I had a fantastic relationship with my team and am still in contact with them now.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to staff shortages for some of my placement, i was very busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility which enhanced my learning and experience.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It was the perfect grounding for my career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was a very busy office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the HR intern programme was the perfect way to do a placement. We were the first year of the scheme and I think this year would be even better.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was lots of training available, it was just dependent on how much time you had
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to go back to ASOS if there was a position available.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
we did lots of events together to build on relationships
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As it was london it is expensive but the placement was paid which helped a lot.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is an amazing city for socialising.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?