1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my year at TUI UK so much.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From start to finish, placements are treated like regular employees with real responsibility. I felt valued by those in my team and my counterparts.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had weekly catch ups with my manager so ensure I was comfortable with my workload and understood any tasks that were rolled out in that week. In these meetings I felt comfortable flagging any concerns.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As this job comes with real responsibility, there are definitely times when you find yourself extremely busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a huge amount of responsibility and my seniors trusted me with this greatly. I presented to senior leadership on a regular basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel very comfortable going back to university knowing that this year in industry will help me to progress. Looking past university, I think this year will set me up with skills for life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is such a fun place. There is a team breakfast every month and usually a couple of team lunches within the month too. Birthdays are always celebrated and people bring treats in all the time. Every pay day Friday we leave work early to go to the pub for 'Fizzy Fridays'. There is very often random activities or treats going on around the office too.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There is a dedicated team that look after the running of the placement scheme along side their day to day roles. They arrange events for the scheme and take our opinions and suggestions on board for future.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invest so much into the placement scheme. There are so many opportunities to do additional courses and training sessions.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The scheme has a really high returner rate and I will be coming back to TUI UK when I finish university.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are always social events going on whether it be organised by the social team at TUI or just colleagues meeting up outside of work. There is something usually something happening most weeks whether it be a night out or a sporting event.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is really good for somewhere so close to London with really good links to the centre. You can get into London on a 25 minute train for around £12 and it means you don't have to pay London rent prices!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is always something going on in Harpenden or St Albans which are really close.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?