1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The people at Accenture really make the company tick and is the biggest selling point for me personally. If you like the people you will enjoy any job. The work i did was very fun too.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team i worked on all made an effort with each other. Being on a fixed term placement made absolutely no difference to how i was treat. The company runs on respect and visibility from the top to the bottom which is great.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
With performance achievement schemes put into place it means goals and regular meetings occur to assist you more formally. Alongside the informal chats to help you improve and guide you along each day.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days / weeks / months were very busy but on an average overall there was a really good balance on how hard you are being pushed leading to a nice working environment with a good pace which doesn't leave you feeling out of your depths
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
If you showcase you can take on certain responsibilities and you volunteer or accept them, then you will have as much as you can handle. This was a great way being able to express and really showcase your skills.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills i have gained are not just based on technical skills or hard skills. The skills i will be taking away is the softer skills which have benefits me both at work and in my personal life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is always a good vibe in the locations i have worked in over the course of the placement. There is a real togetherness in the workforce, regardless of which team or project you are based on.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything ran smoothly with zero complaints
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They provide internal training. external training, online training, and if you showcase your desire they can even put you in to get certifications. There is a huge focus on keeping all staff trained and up to date with emerging and modern technologies and processes
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have had my placement contract extended over the summer alongside verbal confirmation that the company would like me back when i graduate. With links in place to stay in contact
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there were many social events and many community groups alike societies at university. Overall teams can be quite social in terms of having team get together outside of work and we have a tradition for graduates and industrial placement students who started at the same time to go out once a month on a Wednesday for chicken wings
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Very reasonable. Newcastle is a relatively cheap city and a one i have lived in all my life so this was not a change for me
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Newcastle is one of, if not the biggest nightlife scene in the united kingdom. So i would say its a great area to work if you want to party any day of the week.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
so many charity events, sports events, community events. Honestly the options were endless throughout the year.
Never mind the corporate tickets on offer to go to see the Football / Basketball / Rugby / Theater Royal all for free. All you have to do is put your name on a list to have a chance. Plus you get to take another person with you as you receive 2 tickets