1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a fantastic 12-months at Nissan as the experience I have gained has been invaluable to my personal development. I now feel confident in applying my skills to Graduate applications for the future.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The team I worked in made me feel welcome for the offset and it was great to have the opportunity to attend out of office activities and social events. I was always supported in putting forward my own opinion and ideas which helped me settle into the role quickly.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was allocated a mentor after being job offered which enabled me to establish a relationship before commencing my role. I received consistent support throughout the duration of my placement which was particularly useful when I faced challenging situations or needed some guidance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was consistently challenged within my role and was keen to take on as much responsibility as possible. When I approached my mentor to ask for more work they we're able to set further challenges which enabled me to develop.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a large amount of responsibility on my placement year which is exactly what I wanted. I was often working with senior people across the business which enabled me to build fantastic networks at all levels.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Having now completed a 12-month placement at Nissan I feel readily equipped to commence my final year at University and begin applying for Graduate positions.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly and lighthearted which was motivating.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There wasn't a great social scheme amongst the placement cohort which I would have enjoyed.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are a number of surrounding cities to the manufacturing plant in Sunderland which is great!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?