HR Placement at Nissan UK

Nissan UK is a Top Employer

7.0/10

9.7

5.5

I had a fantastic 12-months at Nissan as the experience I have gained has been invaluable to my personal development. I now feel confident in applying my skills to Graduate applications for the future.

The team I worked in made me feel welcome for the offset and it was great to have the opportunity to attend out of office activities and social events. I was always supported in putting forward my own opinion and ideas which helped me settle into the role quickly.

I was allocated a mentor after being job offered which enabled me to establish a relationship before commencing my role. I received consistent support throughout the duration of my placement which was particularly useful when I faced challenging situations or needed some guidance.

I was consistently challenged within my role and was keen to take on as much responsibility as possible. When I approached my mentor to ask for more work they we're able to set further challenges which enabled me to develop.

I was given a large amount of responsibility on my placement year which is exactly what I wanted. I was often working with senior people across the business which enabled me to build fantastic networks at all levels.

Having now completed a 12-month placement at Nissan I feel readily equipped to commence my final year at University and begin applying for Graduate positions.

Friendly and lighthearted which was motivating.

There wasn't a great social scheme amongst the placement cohort which I would have enjoyed.

There are a number of surrounding cities to the manufacturing plant in Sunderland which is great!