Placement student at Lidl

Enfield Greater London
Business Management Logistics and Operations Recruitment Retail

Lidl is a Top Employer

8.1/10

This was a very challenging and exciting year. I have been given infinite opportunities to learn, progress, and challenge myself. It has been a very tough thing to do but ultimately if you are wanting to challenge yourself I don't know that there is anywhere better.

In this position your personal brand becomes hugely important and if you can ensure you have a reputation for being flexible eager and wanting a challenge then you will be met with respect and given huge responsibility.

This can be a challenge in any rotational placement where your managers are not fixed over a longer period. However, if you are proactive in seeking any guidance or asking questions there is lots of support available.

You will never run out of things to do and it is an incredibly busy environment. If you are rushed though there is always a wider team to support you. The store teams in particular are amazing and you will see people work at a pace like no other.

I have been given so much responsibility from managing and creating teams to taking over projects and presenting your results to various senior managers. This is one of the greatest strengths of the placement.

It has developed my transferable skills enormously and I will leave a more confident, capable, and professional individual. It did not however directly relate to my course in politics and economics but for business management there would be so many directly applicable skills you could develop.

It differs from region to region however where I was primarily based it was a professional and efficient place to work. It was so easy to learn and get stuff done and taught me a lot about how to conduct yourself appropriately.

It is of course a huge challenge arranging a placement with so many different component parts. It was well organized and generally went very smoothly and allowed you to see so much.

The entire year was an investment into me. You are kept off productivity targets and allowed to learn whatever is most applicable to you, the whole year was about my personal development.

This was one of the main draws to Lidl and has certainly lived up to expectation. You are clearly on a path with the company to achieve and progress and there are multiple graduate schemes or roles that would be a great next step.

Yes, although in such a big company obviously you are not always working with everyone it is still a really strong network both in each region and nationally.

Around London it will always be high but there is a London weighting allowance and opportunities across the country.

This wasn't a big priority for me and so it would be difficult for me to say but there is always lots to do with London nearby.

Loads of opportunities to get involved with various events particularly to do with charity. There are constantly things going on like skydives, bake sales and fun runs in support of the years nominated charity.