Summer Intern 2018 at DLA Piper

Birmingham West Midlands
Commercial Law

DLA Piper is a Top Employer

8.1/10

Thoroughly - I learned such a huge amount, and really appreciated the investment from the firm.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at DLA Piper

Overall, extremely well structured and we always knew who to turn to with any questions.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at DLA Piper

I learned a huge amount, felt well supported and well prepared for what is to come as a trainee.

There is an extent to which you cannot fully know until you are an employee, but I got a good idea from conversations / work.

Really useful - I know I could fit in well here which was very helpful.

Some days were more useful and 'real' than other days - but the talks were inspiring and we had a genuine insight into the working life of lawyers.

We were paid for the three weeks of work, put up in hotels, and given lunch and breakfast most days. felt very well looked after!

I got to meet and chat to a wide range of people from different areas / levels at the firm. There were particularly amazing opportunities to meet managing partners, group heads, and even the global co-chairman of DLA Piper!

Not as many as I would have liked, but the events were still great that were put on - a few social drinks events and networking.

I heard about a few - for instance, sports teams, CSR work, diversity and inclusion groups etc.

100% - it was thoroughly enjoyable, very well organised, I met some wonderful people and was exposed to a great variety of work.