Intern at DLA Piper

Commercial Law

DLA Piper is a Top Employer

9.2/10

I thoroughly enjoyed the Internship as a whole.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at DLA Piper

Every person I met at the firm, from all levels, were extremely friendly and welcoming. My line managers took a keen interest in ensuring I learn as much as possible about the firm and its practice groups.

I received a lot of support and guidance. I would recommend to approach tasks with an open mind and if you have any questions think of an appropriate person within your team who may be able to assist you.

At points where I was unsure of how to approach certain elements of a task, I would speak with my line managers who were always happy to provide guidance.

To a high extent for sure. Attention to detail, communication, organisation and team-working skills are just a few of the core skills which I used most.

The first week was an induction week with lots of talks from senior people within the firm, lots of food and an opportunity for all interns (from all UK offices) to network and get to know each other.

The following two weeks I joined two practice groups (one week each) and undertook plenty of work.

Overall, I would say the insight was structured well.

Fantastic!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at DLA Piper

It is quite obvious how much effort the graduate recruitment and development team have put in to plan and execute the internship.

The firm clearly invested significantly and this is a testament to its commitment of ensuring its internship programme is leading within the legal industry.

A large extent for sure. After spending three weeks at the firm, I genuinely feel like I could get used to working here full time!

I met and spoke with so many people, at all levels within the firm. This gave me a deep understanding about the culture at DLA Piper.

Very valuable. No day is the same and you learn something new everyday.

Many opportunities (including world cup match screenings!)

They were great. I think the firm could perhaps organise one or two more socials, if possible.

Yes - there's lots!

Definitely! It was so much better than I had expected.