1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved being able to see new product launches and take part in ride and drive days. The friendly culture of the business has meant I have made friends for life and thoroughly enjoyed my time there
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone went out of their way to help me and also showed a lot of gratitude when I helped them with tasks (usually in the form of cake)
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Best manager ever, she definitely went out of her way to make sure I was ok in and outside of work. Not only this but she took time out of her busy schedule to help with my placement project and have recently achieved a 1st!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It was very much dependent on where we were in the month, the end of the month was always the most busiest and some weeks in between this were quiet, but there was always something to do you just had to be open to new tasks
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot, my role was related to the pricing and discounts of vehicles and making sure it was correct, this meant I was the point of contact for both dealers and various departments in head office.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Commercial finance has helped me work on existing skills but also given me a lot of new skills and experience which I will develop on in my future career. Also as the company is french I have been able to work on this a lot during my time there
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Generally the atmosphere was relaxed, there was an open desk policy imposed before i arrived in an attempt to relax the atmosphere in the office a bit. Everyone was very friendly but obviously in finance month end wasn`t fun and games so there was a good balance in terms of seriousness and fun
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The handover I was given was very short, this included all the various inductions, tours around the office and introductions to the past placements. However, this was out of the companies control but throughout the year they have made sure training meeting were planned well in advance and that we were well informed of all tasks to be done
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given a lot of training sessions to help us develop our skills while we worked there and also given sessions with various directors so we could hear their past experience and also see where we can lead should we come back to the company after uni as grads
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We frequently planned nights out in the town with both the placements, apprentices and french colleagues. Not only this but day excursions were usually planned between us including paintball and bowling. There isn`t a set person who does this, it is very much just up to the people and their willingness to take part
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Coventry is not an expensive place, but this is most likely because it really isn`t the nicest. Surrounding areas like Leamington are lovely but also more expensive to live in. Socialising on the right night is also fairly cheap so it doesn`t break the student bank a lot of the time
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Night life was good as uni of Warwick and Cov uni were near by
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?