1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Working in the Continuous Improvement department was every enjoyable. I enjoy learning new things and doing new things every day. Every week I was working on a new projects. Every week I would be working with a different department. It was very insightful because I get to learn how all areas of a business operates, as well as learning what I might enjoy as a career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The Culture at Church and Dwight was very friendly with ease of communication. I always had time to talk and exchange ideas with any employee or department when needed to. I could walk into a directors office and they would give me their time. After completing a few projects, departments would call my manager to come to them and run a project with their team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Not to much to say here. I was given lots of support and guidance when I first started. I always got support and advice from all my managers when I requested. Following my response from above, my boss was the European Director, but he would always answer the phone or email within the hour.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My work load varied a lot throughout my placement. This is mostly due to my work is all project based. I have no day to day tasks. Some days I would be buried in work and other days I would of signed off a few projects and would ask/wait for more.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
However, after assisting a few project. I started running my own projects. I did a lot of work that involved presenting to directors and the GM. My work has lead to some big capital investments.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have always worked in entry level jobs and not this high up in a business before. It has devloped my knowledge of how a business operates and how it makes business decisions. I also signed up to some training courses to add to my CV. I will also have some nice references when it comes to my dissertation
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was either quiet with work, or busy with chatter and laughter. The atmosphere is always good. You can start a conversation with one person and then the how floor would join in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They spent thousands on me. I had to convince my boss to put me on a training course to gain an extra qualifcation, while I was at Church and Dwight
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not a need for an extra member in the continuous department, but other departments want me back
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?