Supply Chain Intern at Church & Dwight

Folkestone South East
Manufacturing

8.5/10

Continuous Improvement

Working in the Continuous Improvement department was every enjoyable. I enjoy learning new things and doing new things every day. Every week I was working on a new projects. Every week I would be working with a different department. It was very insightful because I get to learn how all areas of a business operates, as well as learning what I might enjoy as a career.

The Culture at Church and Dwight was very friendly with ease of communication. I always had time to talk and exchange ideas with any employee or department when needed to. I could walk into a directors office and they would give me their time. After completing a few projects, departments would call my manager to come to them and run a project with their team.

Not to much to say here. I was given lots of support and guidance when I first started. I always got support and advice from all my managers when I requested. Following my response from above, my boss was the European Director, but he would always answer the phone or email within the hour.

My work load varied a lot throughout my placement. This is mostly due to my work is all project based. I have no day to day tasks. Some days I would be buried in work and other days I would of signed off a few projects and would ask/wait for more.

However, after assisting a few project. I started running my own projects. I did a lot of work that involved presenting to directors and the GM. My work has lead to some big capital investments.

I have always worked in entry level jobs and not this high up in a business before. It has devloped my knowledge of how a business operates and how it makes business decisions. I also signed up to some training courses to add to my CV. I will also have some nice references when it comes to my dissertation

It was either quiet with work, or busy with chatter and laughter. The atmosphere is always good. You can start a conversation with one person and then the how floor would join in.

They spent thousands on me. I had to convince my boss to put me on a training course to gain an extra qualifcation, while I was at Church and Dwight

Not a need for an extra member in the continuous department, but other departments want me back