Vacation Scheme Student at Allen & Overy

Allen & Overy is a Top Employer

4.8/5

4.6
4.7

A very informative, useful and engaging insight into the world of commercial law at a top tier city firm.

I felt valued, comfortable talking to a range of trainees and lawyers and contributed to actual work in my department.

My trainer and trainee buddy were excellent, and fully supported me during my placement

Great skill set developed.

Very well structured, with the opportunity to get involved in extra curricular activities within the firm as well as the actual legal work.

Friendly and inclusive, yet professional and clearly amongst the best law firms out there.

I felt very valued and my trainer and trainee buddy always took the time to explain any questions I had to ask.

Despite vacation schemes perhaps being a glorified version of what the role of a trainee actually is, I gained a great insight into what being a lawyer at A&O actually is like, from speaking to a range of trainees and lawyers.

I got a great insight into the friendly and inclusive, yet ambitious and innovative culture of the firm.

The content was very useful in confirming my desire to pursue a career here.

I was reimbursed £450 per week and attended many great socials and dinners all for free.

Great networking opportunities throughout the placement, and the employees were always happy to meet up to answer any questions I had.

Amazing range of networking and socials like drinks, socials and dinners.

I found out and got involved in a great range of extra curricular activities like 5 aside football and the free gym onsite.

I would highly recommend anyone this insight interested in commercial law, regardless of your degree background (even Sciences, not just humanities or law!).