Women in Technology at KPMG

Manchester North West
Computer and Systems Engineering E-Business

KPMG is a Top Employer

9.9/10

The 3 days were jam-packed with a variety of both interesting and engaging activities which served to give all participants a comprehensive and friendly welcome to the KPMG's technology department.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

We met with a range of employees, from first year graduates to partners - each treating us with the same equal respect making me feel especially valued especially considering the time taken out of their day to help the running of the programme as well as the resources made available to us.

All members of the KPMG team gave us constant support throughout our 3 days creating an incredibly nurturing environment where we were best enabled to expand on and develop a range of new skills.

As said, the environment created by the employees enabled us to be pushed out of our comfort zone to develop new skills but in a comfortable, nurturing environment where we had more than adequate support to achieve this. Activities included a presentation which helped develop our communication skills - especially public speaking - as well as interviews, group discussions and how best to build and develop our own personal brand.

The insight was structured extremely effectively with an intensive 3 days including a variety of activities all of which differed in the skills they were based around consequently creating a cohesive programme which served to give us a better understanding of technology at KPMG as well as an enhanced skillset to better our future.

The firm created an incredibly friendly and comfortable atmosphere which facilitated a nurturing environment while still feeling a very valued attendee.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at KPMG

The firm invested a great deal of time in the planning and conducting of the workshops to enable us to develop key skills for our future.

The firm gave talks from a variety of departments under the technology umbrella from first year graduates to partners. They also conducted a number of Q&A sessions as well as networking and work shadowing to give a great understanding of a full time role in the firm.

The three days at the firm were incredibly immersive, meeting and conversing with a number of employees which gave a great insight into the firm's welcoming people culture.

The programme gave both a great understanding of what a technology career path would entail as stated in previous answers but also provided the possibility of fast-tracking on to the second year programme for a potential career with the company.

Paid and lunch was provided.

At the end, KPMG organised a drinks reception in the office for the various people we had met over the three days to network.

Incredibly comfortable environment where one could come and go.

There was a great insight to the networks KPMG offers outside of work including their womens network and LGBT+ community and the number of events the teams participate in together - such as first friday drinks.

The three days were a well structured intensive, immersive and comprehensive programme where one felt extremely valued while being given great exposure to the firm's work and culture as well as the opportunity to both develop skills and the potential fast-track to a third-year programme.