Worked with the category and product managers to make product information available to internal and external stakeholders.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The tasks were always varied and I was able to improve my employability skills. I would not change my placement year and would happily recommend BSH to any student looking to get a well rounded placement year and to finish the year feeling as though they have developed.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My manager and team was amazing, they made me feel welcome for my first day and did for the entirity of my time here. I did not expect to enjoy my placement year as much as I have: a major part is due to the people I worked with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My placement year not only looked to help develop my employability but also aided in helping me develop my university career. They supported the requirements of my university work, and ensured that I was able to shape the year to suit what I want to pursue for my future career.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were days were I had more work than others but I enjoyed this as I felt that it showed the realities of working life. I was always supported when I felt I had too much work by colleagues.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was allowed the responsiblity of meeting customers and working with other departments independently. I was also allowed to manage my own time which has helped with my organisational skills.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt a lot about myself over the course of the year that will both help me with my university studies and has allowed me to focus on a specific field with which I would want to work within.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I have enjoyed the atmosphere in the office, there are always quieter days than other but the general atmosphere was always fun and everyone supported one another.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
As I was the first person in my role there were issues with the organisation of my role, however given the feedback that I have offered I believe that the organisation of the role can only improve.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company offered a variey of training that I was able to select from, as well as running days specifically for interns by which we were able to develop as a team.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I hope to pursue my future career with BSH, my first year here has been so good that I feel that I have so much more I could learn!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a large crowd of interns all from different roles which means that we do not spend all day together. This allows us to socialise together after work and we all have something in common.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Easy access to large grocery stores however there is a limited number of nightclubs in the local area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Limited, however is a half hour train to London and 50 minute drive to Oxford and a train to MK centre for bars.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was yoga on a Tuesday and fitness events on a Monday