Acted as a junior account manager in the media practice at atos. (Sales role)
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a great time with Atos for the year, with a lot of responsibility, interesting work, great work life balance.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt valued and part of the team on a very close knit account.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Weekly meetings with an appraising manager, all the support I wanted throughout the internship. Had further support and training from other members of the team and peers.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Work load fluctuated a lot, occasionally I would be twiddling my thumbs and other times I would be absolutely swamped, however mostly a good workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given loads of responsibility, managing my own sales opportunities, however always had the support and safety net of my seniors when necessary.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The things I have learned about business in general will come in handy completing my degree especially when having to give case studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great social atmosphere with a really strong graduate & intern community. All sorts of socials and sports teams are organised, and on the specific accounts there is always a close relationship. However, a lot of people work from home a fair bit, this can lead to teams feeling a bit distant in these occasions.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Relatively well organised, lack of structure for the overall year, which I know they are in the process of improving & the HR and Recruitment department that sort the internship out are very slow. But overall well managed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not a lot. No official training or accreditations made available to us for the year which was a shame.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good future employment prospects as a graduate and beyond. Makes coming back post internship look very attractive. They are slow to give you an offer following the internship but as long as you prove yourself capable for the year you are likely to be returning.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, socials every Thursday night, sports teams, graduate holidays. The induction is a great social time to get to know each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is always going to be expensive so quite high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great nightlife all over London. Holborn where the head offices are located is a great night out too.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes loads, various activities are arranged for charity and for fun. As well as the chance to get involved in some great tech based learning and expos.