Intern: Junior Account Manager at Atos

Business Analytics Sales
Atos is a Top Employer

7.1/10

Acted as a junior account manager in the media practice at atos. (Sales role)

I had a great time with Atos for the year, with a lot of responsibility, interesting work, great work life balance.

Felt valued and part of the team on a very close knit account.

Weekly meetings with an appraising manager, all the support I wanted throughout the internship. Had further support and training from other members of the team and peers.

Work load fluctuated a lot, occasionally I would be twiddling my thumbs and other times I would be absolutely swamped, however mostly a good workload.

Given loads of responsibility, managing my own sales opportunities, however always had the support and safety net of my seniors when necessary.

The things I have learned about business in general will come in handy completing my degree especially when having to give case studies.

Great social atmosphere with a really strong graduate & intern community. All sorts of socials and sports teams are organised, and on the specific accounts there is always a close relationship. However, a lot of people work from home a fair bit, this can lead to teams feeling a bit distant in these occasions.

Relatively well organised, lack of structure for the overall year, which I know they are in the process of improving & the HR and Recruitment department that sort the internship out are very slow. But overall well managed.

Not a lot. No official training or accreditations made available to us for the year which was a shame.

Good future employment prospects as a graduate and beyond. Makes coming back post internship look very attractive. They are slow to give you an offer following the internship but as long as you prove yourself capable for the year you are likely to be returning.

Yes, socials every Thursday night, sports teams, graduate holidays. The induction is a great social time to get to know each other.

London is always going to be expensive so quite high.

Great nightlife all over London. Holborn where the head offices are located is a great night out too.

Yes loads, various activities are arranged for charity and for fun. As well as the chance to get involved in some great tech based learning and expos.