Actuarial Insurance Management Solutions at PwC

Banking/Finance Insurance

PwC is a Top Employer

8.0/10

Involved in different projects where we assessed clients status and advised them how to proceed in their markets.

The project I was assigned on were quite exciting but I didn't get the opportunity to have any client experience

From day 1 all my colleagues made me feel comfortable and valued even though I was just an intern

I felt that I had full support from all my supervisors as I felt comfortable asking them about anything at any point

I was fairly busy but I would've liked to get a bit more involved in certain projects

I had some responsibility but not tremendous. But didn't expect to get too much responsibility as the internship was only 6 weeks

I have certainly developed my commercial knowledge during my internship which is a vital competency nowadays

Excellent environment to work in!

Structure of the internship was very well organized. Only improvement I would suggest would be to have some work set aside for the interns for their first couple of weeks.

I did receive some training in some of the software the company uses. However there are still a lot of aspects of the work we do that I did not get involved in

Have received an offer to join full-time after university which I have accepted

We were constantly invited to join colleagues in social events

Cost of living is high as it's in central London

Lots of places to go out and have a drink

Due to the fact that our internship was near the actuarial exams the activities outside of work weren't as many as I hoped they'd be but people are always up for something if anyone tries to organize it.