Involved in different projects where we assessed clients status and advised them how to proceed in their markets.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The project I was assigned on were quite exciting but I didn't get the opportunity to have any client experience
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
From day 1 all my colleagues made me feel comfortable and valued even though I was just an intern
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt that I had full support from all my supervisors as I felt comfortable asking them about anything at any point
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was fairly busy but I would've liked to get a bit more involved in certain projects
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had some responsibility but not tremendous. But didn't expect to get too much responsibility as the internship was only 6 weeks
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have certainly developed my commercial knowledge during my internship which is a vital competency nowadays
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Excellent environment to work in!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Structure of the internship was very well organized. Only improvement I would suggest would be to have some work set aside for the interns for their first couple of weeks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I did receive some training in some of the software the company uses. However there are still a lot of aspects of the work we do that I did not get involved in
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Have received an offer to join full-time after university which I have accepted
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We were constantly invited to join colleagues in social events
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living is high as it's in central London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of places to go out and have a drink
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Due to the fact that our internship was near the actuarial exams the activities outside of work weren't as many as I hoped they'd be but people are always up for something if anyone tries to organize it.