Supply Chain Intern at Eaton

Purchasing and Supply

Eaton is a Top Employer

7.5/10

6.0

Divisional Supply Chain intern, creating and analysing reports on over 16 plants worldwide, as well as completing any projects you are given/ask to do

Plenty of opportunities to travel around the UK and do lots of different projects, and build up an extensive network.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Working at divisional level, completing reports for Divisional managers, Directors and Senior Vice President. was relied upon by them on many occasions, and they valued my opinions on analysis.

Some projects and tasks you are given full reign on what to do, others you are given step by step instructions. And on the odd occasion you will have to work out for yourself how to do something.

You are as busy as you want to be - Go out and seek many opportunities and get travel experience and a more interesting CV.

I was relied upon by many senior level managers for reports, analysis and any projects that I had been included on. You do have to prove your ability first though.

In depth knowledge on the business to business industry, lots of systems to use and learn and opportunities to work outside of your department to show flexibility

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

at division HQ, so many people would be travelling around the UK. however there is always someone at the office and the atmosphere is very relaxed and fun!

Very well organised, dates to meet the other interns for team building exercises, and plenty of work to do.

Team building, presentations, group projects and solo projects are given to you throughout to develop you as an intern and you as a potential employee in the future.

So long as you prove yourself to be worth their time, and don't do anything stupid, they will offer you a job subject to graduation.

A few opportunities to have drinks with colleagues, birthday and Christmas parties are a lot of fun and during office hours it is a fairly social atmosphere

I lived on my own - rented a flat for £625 PCM. there are other options such as student houses.

I do not go out-out so I cannot really answer this question. the bars are nice - little pricey.

Other interns speak of 5 aside tournament, but at my site there is nothing like this available, unless you organise it with colleague. I am hoping to complete a half ironman next year with one of our directors.