Assistant Buyer at Vauxhall

Purchasing and Supply

6.7/10

5.4

5.2

I really enjoyed it, I was given a lot of responsibility and had a varied job role which made it interesting.

My colleagues were all extremely welcoming and looked after me really well. I really felt like part of the team.

I was looked after really well by all of the people I reported to and management. They always insured they would help if I had any issues.

Depending on the point in the year depended on how busy I was. Usually there was a good to high amount of work with a few periods of being really busy and not so busy.

I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement.

I think that it has given me a good insight into working in a large company and dealing with a wide variety of people.

We worked hard but also had a lot of fun when appropriate. There has been a lot of staff leave due to the changes within the company this year so perhaps the mood was slightly lower than usual.

It was set up really well. They have a really good scheme and many processes in place to help you get the most out of your placement.

We did some training for presentation skills and respect and dignity training. We also had a two week hand over period with the previous placement student.

At the moment the company is going through a difficult time and so there are little to no opportunities to return currently. However this may change in the future.

There are lots of undergrads here so it means you can live with some of the other undergrads. This also means that there are often different events within the undergrads.

The cost of living and socialising wasn't much different to university.

There are some bars but if you want proper nightclubs you need to go out to a different town.

Yes there were some opportunities arranged by some of the undergrads which you could choose whether the participate in or not.