YSL National Accounts Intern at L'Oreal

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.7/10

7.6

6.5

Collating YSL's figures from department stores/retailers.
Pitching new product launches to retailers.
Data Analysis
Responsible for stock queries.
Organising events and assisting on new product launches.
Checking orders have arrived from retailers.
Liaising closely with retailers on specific queries.

The team were lovely and very helpful and the environment good to work in.

My manager always congratulated whenever good work was completed and everyone was always thankful.

Regular catch ups were had each week to ensure my manager was updated on my progress with projects and I was always able to ask for help if needed.

Some days were very busy, and could get quite stressful. There was always work to be done so I was never bored.

As the year went on, I was given more and more responsibility which aided my development and confidence and gave me more exposure to the business.

The year has given me further business acumen, experience in working with people, negotiating and working with retailers which has made me even more determined to pursue a career after my internship at L'Oreal.

Some days were stressful and a bit manic, but on whole everyone was willing to help.

The internship was dependent on what I wanted to take out of it so I asked for further opportunities to experience different sides of the business however each task I did I learned something new. Some tasks were done each week but a lot of projects were ad hoc.

The invested a lot of time and effort in training me so I could perform my basic duties and I was able to sit in on meetings to gain further understanding.

The next step after the internship would be the Graduate Scheme. The internship provides a very good platform to move on the grad scheme because you are immersed in the culture and have experience working at L'Oreal.

There was a monthly free bar, lots of after work drinks and team dinners.

Standard London prices - quite expensive.

Didnt really go out in Hammersmith, but Kensington and Central London are 10 minutes away, so it was very close to central.

I didnt hear about too many activities, however there was a 10K run that I took part in with L'Oreal and other charity opportunities.