Collating YSL's figures from department stores/retailers.
Pitching new product launches to retailers.
Responsible for stock queries.
Organising events and assisting on new product launches.
Checking orders have arrived from retailers.
Liaising closely with retailers on specific queries.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The team were lovely and very helpful and the environment good to work in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My manager always congratulated whenever good work was completed and everyone was always thankful.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular catch ups were had each week to ensure my manager was updated on my progress with projects and I was always able to ask for help if needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were very busy, and could get quite stressful. There was always work to be done so I was never bored.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the year went on, I was given more and more responsibility which aided my development and confidence and gave me more exposure to the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The year has given me further business acumen, experience in working with people, negotiating and working with retailers which has made me even more determined to pursue a career after my internship at L'Oreal.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Some days were stressful and a bit manic, but on whole everyone was willing to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was dependent on what I wanted to take out of it so I asked for further opportunities to experience different sides of the business however each task I did I learned something new. Some tasks were done each week but a lot of projects were ad hoc.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The invested a lot of time and effort in training me so I could perform my basic duties and I was able to sit in on meetings to gain further understanding.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The next step after the internship would be the Graduate Scheme. The internship provides a very good platform to move on the grad scheme because you are immersed in the culture and have experience working at L'Oreal.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a monthly free bar, lots of after work drinks and team dinners.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Standard London prices - quite expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didnt really go out in Hammersmith, but Kensington and Central London are 10 minutes away, so it was very close to central.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I didnt hear about too many activities, however there was a 10K run that I took part in with L'Oreal and other charity opportunities.