1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved working at Accenture! I got about a month-long new joiner training in various technologies at the start of my placement which made it easy to expect what kinds of tools and technologies I would be using during my time at Accenture.
I then went on to work on 3 different projects over the next 11 months and learnt totally new and different technologies on each project which made it a great learning experience for me.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in my team made me feel like I was an important part of the projects I worked on, which I think played a huge part in me always being motivated and willing to go the extra mile and actually working and contributing to the projects as much as I did.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The HR as well as the project managers that I had were extremely helpful and readily available whenever I needed help or was stuck with some problem or any questions. In addition to them, I also had a senior manager at Accenture as my Career Counselor as well as an Analyst as a 'Buddy' whom I could talk to informally about anything career-related or otherwise.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was fairly busy doing some work or the other on a daily basis which always kept me involved and going. I didn't feel like I was getting bored at all or not learning anything as I was always contributing something to the project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots! I loved how I was treated like a full time employee and not like someone who was only a temporary employee! I used to talk to my clients on a daily basis (as would my managers and other senior team members do) and was always doing something or the other that actually mattered to the project.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There are innumerable technical (as well as soft) skills that I have developed during my time at Accenture, some of which have really piqued my interest (such as Blockchain developing) and I am considering pursuing them as my career after university.
I also plan on using Blockchain developing for my final year dissertation project at the university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?