This review was written using a previous version of questions that
were updated in 2013
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed every moment of the academy and learnt vital skills that have helped me to grow in confidence in my future career and what I can achieve.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All the PWC employees were welcoming and friendly. They were always willing to answer any questions or concerns we had. The partners and Directors also made us feel very welcome and gave up some of their time to speak to us about the company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We were always kept informed of what was happening which helped the whole 3 days run smoothly.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I cannot deny the fact that the 3 days involved alot of hard work and long hours or activities and discussions however it is all worth it for the future.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We were put in charge of example situations that may occur if we were employees of PWC. We were made to feel very important and it highlighted what life is like working for PWC
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The insight academy verified my career choice and gave an in depth description and insight into life at PWC. I can not criticise the academy at all as I had the best 3 days there and I look forward to starting my summer internship with them next year.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The place we stayed was in Chalfont and Latimer. Latimer house was so lovely and a nice play to work for 3 days.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation was amazing. Everyone was informed of what was happened and everything ran smoothly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Everything was paid for including all food and accomodation.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. After the academy I was offered a place on the summer internship with them next year!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All the insight students met up in the evenings to have dinner and a drink in the bar and it was nice meeting new people from different backgrounds.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?