1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Plenty of development opportunities and an invigorating place to work. Will learn an immense amount and develop as a person.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt part of a wide team and learnt from each and every member. Felt mentored by an entire section.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Excellent senior who I have looked up to and leads by example. Always willing to listen and help me achieve my full potential whilst providing me with key responsibilities.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
All my time was took up with relevant projects. Varying projects looking at projects engineering focused, and business focused.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots of responsibilities, never felt like "a placement" but more a general engineer.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
People skills will help me for university projects and in all walks of life. Technical know-how, and in depth, know-how of an automotive factory at the forefront of the industry will help me in any job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Excellent, up-beat, and everyone is willing to help. Seniors and managers are easy to find and talk to and always willing to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Excellently, well thought out pre my arrival and have been tasked with more as the year has gone on.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Heavily. Off-site training courses worth thousands, and on-site training courses from Nissan itself and from outer companies.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, a wide ranging scope and potential to move up the hierarchy. Strong placement scheme and valued graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, placement students I joined with have all stayed together through the year. Colleagues have been immense in terms of support and development.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
North east of the country, low expenses and cheap in all aspects.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good links to Newcastle and many places to go and visit.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, plenty to see and do. Especially in summer months.