finance assistant at Golfbreaks.com

Daily banking,
Entering Invoices,
Cash reconciliation
Debt Chasing

I enjoyed coming into work everyday. Everyday was a challenge and I was never bored and learnt so much about the finance department and the company as a whole.

My favourite part of working at Golfbreaks.com were the teams that I was working within. Everyone was always willing to help and give support. I never felt that I couldn't ask a question about my work. There was always a lot of banter which made coming into work so much more enjoyable.

There was always someone to ask if needed. I never felt that I couldn't ask any questions. We were always given a couple of ours a week training on certain financial issues and theories.

Towards the end of the month and certain times of year I found myself having more work to do, however there was always something to do in the quiet periods. I never found myself bored with nothing to do.

I had more responsibility given to me than I thought I would as a placement student. The more I learnt, the more responsibility I was given.

I have learnt so many skills this year and I feel much more prepared for my final year at uni. I learnt both practicle skill in the area I was working and also personal skills such as teamworking and organisation.

There were obviously times when everyone needed to meet deadlines so the atmosphere may be more tense at those times, however I felt there was always a good balance of 'work hard, play hard'.

Golfbreaks.com employs many students per year so they know what students want out of their placements. I found the whole interview, induction, training processes to be very well planned out and well organised.

I found that a lot of my training was 'on the job'. I found this worked well as I was learning as I went along. There was always additional training most weeks that were really beneficial.

I would always consider Golfbreaks.com as a future employer to approach for the future as I enjoyed my placement there so much.

I am still friends now with the other placement students that I worked with. Although we were all spread out if different departments, there were always chances to get to know everyone.

Windsor is a brilliant place to work with great shopping, bars, restaurants. I did find I spent a lot of money, but that was completely up to me.

There are loads of places to go out.

There was usually somthing going on. I was fortunate enough to go on a few 'fam trips' to various venues in the UK and Europe.