1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed coming into work everyday. Everyday was a challenge and I was never bored and learnt so much about the finance department and the company as a whole.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My favourite part of working at Golfbreaks.com were the teams that I was working within. Everyone was always willing to help and give support. I never felt that I couldn't ask a question about my work. There was always a lot of banter which made coming into work so much more enjoyable.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was always someone to ask if needed. I never felt that I couldn't ask any questions. We were always given a couple of ours a week training on certain financial issues and theories.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Towards the end of the month and certain times of year I found myself having more work to do, however there was always something to do in the quiet periods. I never found myself bored with nothing to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had more responsibility given to me than I thought I would as a placement student. The more I learnt, the more responsibility I was given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt so many skills this year and I feel much more prepared for my final year at uni. I learnt both practicle skill in the area I was working and also personal skills such as teamworking and organisation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were obviously times when everyone needed to meet deadlines so the atmosphere may be more tense at those times, however I felt there was always a good balance of 'work hard, play hard'.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Golfbreaks.com employs many students per year so they know what students want out of their placements. I found the whole interview, induction, training processes to be very well planned out and well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I found that a lot of my training was 'on the job'. I found this worked well as I was learning as I went along. There was always additional training most weeks that were really beneficial.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would always consider Golfbreaks.com as a future employer to approach for the future as I enjoyed my placement there so much.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I am still friends now with the other placement students that I worked with. Although we were all spread out if different departments, there were always chances to get to know everyone.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is a brilliant place to work with great shopping, bars, restaurants. I did find I spent a lot of money, but that was completely up to me.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are loads of places to go out.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was usually somthing going on. I was fortunate enough to go on a few 'fam trips' to various venues in the UK and Europe.