1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my placement. I have been given lots of responsibility and accountability on my own projects and have been given lots of exposure throughout the year. It has been stressful at times but i have a very understanding and supporting team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have been told that i am a 'rock' and a core member of the team. I feel completely comfortable and happy in my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager and senior management team have been supportive and helpful throughout my placement. Always willing to help and guide at any moment where I am unsure.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
For the first couple months of my placement, I found myself sitting around with nothing to do - i definitely couldn't say that now! I am now extremely busy and sometimes find I don't have enough hours in a day!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I have been accountable for at least 3 projects. I have had complete ownership of these projects from the start to the launches - even presenting at a National Sales Meeting in Notting Hill with 50+ attendees!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have built up such a valuable skill set since working at L'Oréal which will only develop and improve further in future jobs. All skills and training were very development for the workplace and will never be forgotten.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really fun atmosphere in the office - everyone is there to work but also to have fun. It is very lighthearted and everyone is very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
my whole placement was organised very well, all went smoothly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They were willing to invest in a lot - there were endless training opportunites throughout the year for us to develop and learn new skills. Seems as though they were really setting us up with a good skill set for future careers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very good - even before applying for internship I had already researched their management trainee scheme. They are really looking to employ people for the long run.We are able to apply for the grad scheme and are given an answer before we finish our placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of living was really expensive, and so was socialising however if you go in a big group or mention L'Oréal then you usually got a good deal.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I didn't really go out in the area as live at home, but heard it has been good!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes many opportunities and activities to get involved in such as sport and charity work!