1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. The level of responsibility I was given exceeded my expectations. The team was great. Time has flown by.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was greatly valued from my colleagues. They sought my input which was good to know. You are not treated differently just because you are an intern, which feels great.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was field based, as opposed to many other who have their managers sitting next to them in the office. However he was very communicative, we spoke a lot over the phone, and he was in the office at least once a week. Guidance was great, and I have learned a lot from his teaching and coaching.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had work to do 9-5 minimum every day. Obviously the amount of work increased as the internship proceeded, however the work was done more quickly, hence I was able to complete all my tasks inside working hour.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The responsibility also increased as the placement proceeded. I was happy that my abilities were trusted
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This went both ways. I was able to leverage the skills learned at university in my daily tasks. I also learned a lot of new things which I will apply in my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere. People are nice which always makes things better.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I sat down with my manager on my first day to set my KPIs. This was great as from then I knew exactly me responsibilities, deadlines, ect.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is a lot of training in the first month, which is great as it enables you to understand the business. There are also a number of available training courses which you can sign up to which are really useful. I myself learned a lot about e-commerce which was great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really good. The HR team is fantastic, and they offer numerous graduate opportunities to which one can apply to.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene within our brand's team, as well as between us interns. There is an intern committee which organises sports, socials, etc. which is great.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived 5 minutes walk away from the office in Hammersmith. The cost of living is high, however I did not need to purchase a season ticket for the public transport which saved me some money. Hammersmith is connected greatly, which 4 tube lines passing trough it. Tonnes of bars, pubs, stores, grocery, etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not much nightlife in Hammersmith in terms of proper clubs. Most of our socials were held in Shore ditch.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many opportunities. Especially given the intern committee, which organised events outside working hours.