Wholesale Commercial Intern - L'Oreal Professionnel at L'Oreal

London (Hammersmith) Central London and City
Internet/e-Commerce/New Media Market Research Marketing Sales

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

9.0/10

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. The level of responsibility I was given exceeded my expectations. The team was great. Time has flown by.

I was greatly valued from my colleagues. They sought my input which was good to know. You are not treated differently just because you are an intern, which feels great.

My manager was field based, as opposed to many other who have their managers sitting next to them in the office. However he was very communicative, we spoke a lot over the phone, and he was in the office at least once a week. Guidance was great, and I have learned a lot from his teaching and coaching.

I had work to do 9-5 minimum every day. Obviously the amount of work increased as the internship proceeded, however the work was done more quickly, hence I was able to complete all my tasks inside working hour.

The responsibility also increased as the placement proceeded. I was happy that my abilities were trusted

This went both ways. I was able to leverage the skills learned at university in my daily tasks. I also learned a lot of new things which I will apply in my degree.

Great atmosphere. People are nice which always makes things better.

I sat down with my manager on my first day to set my KPIs. This was great as from then I knew exactly me responsibilities, deadlines, ect.

There is a lot of training in the first month, which is great as it enables you to understand the business. There are also a number of available training courses which you can sign up to which are really useful. I myself learned a lot about e-commerce which was great.

Really good. The HR team is fantastic, and they offer numerous graduate opportunities to which one can apply to.

There was a good social scene within our brand's team, as well as between us interns. There is an intern committee which organises sports, socials, etc. which is great.

I lived 5 minutes walk away from the office in Hammersmith. The cost of living is high, however I did not need to purchase a season ticket for the public transport which saved me some money. Hammersmith is connected greatly, which 4 tube lines passing trough it. Tonnes of bars, pubs, stores, grocery, etc.

Not much nightlife in Hammersmith in terms of proper clubs. Most of our socials were held in Shore ditch.

Many opportunities. Especially given the intern committee, which organised events outside working hours.