1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My placement year has been extremely valuable in terms of how much I have learnt and the knowledge I have gained about this industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel as though I was valued by my colleagues, as I have never felt as though I am just on placement year this whole time I have been at ASOS. I have felt as though I am any other member of the team, which is really nice and welcoming!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt as though I was given support throughout my placement by my line manager, as we had weekly catch ups to discuss workload, priorities for the week etc.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I have always been really busy within my job role. I can honestly say that I have never been bored or stuck on what to do. If anything I have almost been too busy at times but not so busy that the workload in unmanageable.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt as though I was given quite a lot of responsibility within my role. As I said before, I have not felt as though I was an intern and I was given the same responsibility as the other administrators on my team, which has been great.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have learnt and developed on my placement year have been very beneficial towards my degree and for my future. I know that I will be able to take a lot of knowledge into my final year and apply this to my studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I think ASOS has a good atmosphere within the head office. It has a real buzz in the air, which is great and makes it an exciting place to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised, I think ASOS have an amazing internship program and not only are you here to do a job and learn but they really want to develop our knowledge and skills.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think ASOS did definitely invest in my training. The Academy Team really looked after us and put on sessions to help develop our personal skills. I also got the opportunity to undertake a Sustainability Fashion Course, which really expanded my knowledge within Sustainability.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think if there was an opportunity for me to come back to ASOS, I would definitely like to! I think starting my career at ASOS would be really beneficial for me and help me grow as a person but also within my work.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I think there was a good social scene among the interns, as we did organise a few things throughout the year. This is the same with my colleagues as we did go out after work a few times, which was really nice to get to know everyone better.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I would say in Camden the cost of living is pretty standard. It is not super cheap but not overly expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Camden is a good spot for Nightlife as there is a lot of bars and restaurants around. You definitely have a lot to choose from in this area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I did join a few activities after work but these were things that I found on my own and were not brought to my attention through ASOS. However, I would say that London is such a vibrant city that you are never stuck to find activities/ things to do.