Sourcing Administrator Intern at ASOS

Camden Central London and City
Administration/Secretarial Fashion Retail

8.6/10

My placement year has been extremely valuable in terms of how much I have learnt and the knowledge I have gained about this industry.

I feel as though I was valued by my colleagues, as I have never felt as though I am just on placement year this whole time I have been at ASOS. I have felt as though I am any other member of the team, which is really nice and welcoming!

I felt as though I was given support throughout my placement by my line manager, as we had weekly catch ups to discuss workload, priorities for the week etc.

I have always been really busy within my job role. I can honestly say that I have never been bored or stuck on what to do. If anything I have almost been too busy at times but not so busy that the workload in unmanageable.

I felt as though I was given quite a lot of responsibility within my role. As I said before, I have not felt as though I was an intern and I was given the same responsibility as the other administrators on my team, which has been great.

The skills I have learnt and developed on my placement year have been very beneficial towards my degree and for my future. I know that I will be able to take a lot of knowledge into my final year and apply this to my studies.

I think ASOS has a good atmosphere within the head office. It has a real buzz in the air, which is great and makes it an exciting place to work.

Very organised, I think ASOS have an amazing internship program and not only are you here to do a job and learn but they really want to develop our knowledge and skills.

I think ASOS did definitely invest in my training. The Academy Team really looked after us and put on sessions to help develop our personal skills. I also got the opportunity to undertake a Sustainability Fashion Course, which really expanded my knowledge within Sustainability.

I think if there was an opportunity for me to come back to ASOS, I would definitely like to! I think starting my career at ASOS would be really beneficial for me and help me grow as a person but also within my work.

I think there was a good social scene among the interns, as we did organise a few things throughout the year. This is the same with my colleagues as we did go out after work a few times, which was really nice to get to know everyone better.

I would say in Camden the cost of living is pretty standard. It is not super cheap but not overly expensive.

Camden is a good spot for Nightlife as there is a lot of bars and restaurants around. You definitely have a lot to choose from in this area.

I did join a few activities after work but these were things that I found on my own and were not brought to my attention through ASOS. However, I would say that London is such a vibrant city that you are never stuck to find activities/ things to do.