Human Resources Assistant at Audi

Bristol South West
Administration/Secretarial Customer Service Employment Law Human Resources Recruitment
Audi is a Top Employer

8.1/10

6.5

Day to day administration tasks.
Project work to better the HR Department and the wider centres.
Aid the recruitment process, support and coordinate assessment centres.
Provide assistance to managers on personnel issues.
Update HR systems.
Prepare documentation for disciplinary/ grievance/ interviews.
Preparing monthly and end of year HR reports.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my placement year with the Audi Network Partners Programme. The job role and the Company suited me as an individual and truly allowed me to improve my confidence and get the most out of my placement. I personally don't feel as though I could have found a better placement for myself.

Right from the off my colleagues made me feel welcome and at ease. My nerves of entering a new business quickly disappeared as I felt a part of the team from day 1. Each and every person was always happy to help with any issues I had and made sure that there was a constant supply of tea. As the placement progressed I felt that my opinion was valued more and more as I gained experience in my role. I truly felt as though my views were taken into consideration and made an impact on a situation. Every individual that I have worked with in the last year has been amazing and I feel like are an extended family.

I was always encouraged to use my own initiative when I was set tasks or projects and to complete them in a way that I believed would be the most effective. Despite this my manager always had time to clarify any details that I wasn't quite sure about and always made sure I was comfortable with the task in hand. I was taken out of my comfort zone to experience new situations whilst having the guidance of my manager to make sure I got the most out of the experience.

There was rarely a time that I did not have any work to be getting on with. My workload varied on a daily basis and could consist of daily administration tasks, visiting other centres for meetings / inductions / exit interviews whilst having multiple projects in the background.

I was surprised at the amount of responsibility that I was given considering that I was on a placement year. I was responsible for liaising with managers on a daily basis surrounding different issues, planning my own day effectively and completing any projects set which could impact the entire centre / multiple centres.

Whilst on placement I had the opportunity to visit the Volkswagen Group Training Centre in Milton Keynes for brand specific training relating to the history and heritage of Audi, product principles and delivering customer delight. All the training I have received and my day to day experiences will provide me with case studies and practical experience for the remainder of my degree to further understand the theory presented to me in lectures. My communication skills have changed massively. I am now able to alter my communication style and body language to suit different situations based on how I judge them. My time management skills have also improved as I can now plan my day more effectively and know when I will be the most productive.

There was never a day that went by that I dreaded going into the office. The atmosphere in the office was incredible. Everyone took their work seriously but were always up to chat when they had a spare few minutes. It felt like a family where if you had any issues everyone was willing to help and everyone seemed to get along. I don't think a day went by where I didn't find myself laughing with my colleagues.

The transition from application to interview to starting my work placement was seamless. There was constant communication between the Company and myself so that I always knew what was happening, whether this was by email or telephone call. There was a great support system in place when I started both in the Company and from Head Office.

Head Office organised for me to go on 3 different training courses at their National Learning Centre in Milton Keynes. This was all brand specific training including the history and heritage of Audi, product principles and delivering customer delight which were all amazing experiences. Whilst in the centre I experienced internal training in equality and diversity alongside other role specific training for systems and processes both face-to-face and e-learning. I was always given the opportunity for new experiences and venture out of my comfort zone to further my personal development.

Having lived in the North-West of England most of my life I found Bristol/ Bath very expensive as you would with most cities. The cost of living in terms of food shopping wasn't too expensive but rent seemed pretty high for what you received. Having lived outside of the city centre it was cheaper to go out with friends to local pubs but then got quite expensive in the city centre. There were plenty of different places to visit as it is such a diverse and cultural city.