Retail Intern at L'Oreal

Business Management Consumer Products/FMCG Customer Service E-Business Human Resources Market Research Retail

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.4

Retail intern in L'Oreal Luxe working on retail development projects, store operations and training for in store employees.

I have overall had a very enjoyable year at L'Oreal but there have definitely been different challenges and highlights along the way

My team were great at giving me both positive and constructive feedback and you feel part of the team as each intern has an important purpose.

I was given sufficient support from my manager and team, however L'Oreal is also a company that expect you to foster your own learning, think for your self and use initiative to get tasks done.

Like any job some periods of time were very busy and some were quieter but I always had plenty to do each day and was never waiting for the next task.

I was given a lot of autonomy and responsibility in my work trusted with large budgets and expected to deliver results

The skills at L'Oreal are definitely ones i will use for the rest of my professional career

There is a good mix of social fun atmosphere as well as a hard working environment

The organisation within my specific role and team was great. However as L'Oreal is such a large company there is some disparity between the demands of HR and the demands of my team.

A lot, L'Oreal constantly encourage learning and growth and we complete a lot of company wide training that is relevant to our role and the wider business

Future employment prospects are appealing however the Grad Scheme process is slightly discouraging as there are approx. 100 interns each year and only 28 graduate scheme places so it is very competitive.

Yes as there are approx. 100 interns in the building there is always social opportunities including nights out and sports teams. Even just in the day to day most interns have lunch together.

I lived at home and commuted into London which cost approx £400 a month as i wanted to save throughout the year for travelling after my placement. If i had lived in London I do not think I would've been able to save as much.

Great bars near the office and then only a tube into central London

Intern sports teams