1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The has been one of the best years of my life, meeting so many new people and getting commercial experience within a business has been invaluable and will stay with me from now on.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As as intern you as respected and trusted as a valued member of the business, through your responsibilities and expectations to fulfil your role and go that extra mile
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a fantastic relationship with my manager as they were able to help me grow as a person and also develop my skills within the business
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a day to day there was a consistent amount of work load, but if i ever felt there was too much or not enough there was an a support network where i could voice my opinion.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The level of responsibility is high but this is what made me enjoy my role so much, as it can be quite daunting to begin with but it depends how you manage this responsibility and use it to your advantage to take any opportunities you get to show your are capable of excelling in your role
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The list of skills i have develop and acquired over the past year is endless, the level of progression in my excel skills has been dramatic. And these are skills there are transferable to any situation within a business.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was very productive in the office, and the social/ networking side of things was also great!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The structure of the placement was very clear and organised from the outset.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm invest in you from the beginning and they help you grow as a person, and also gain skills that you can apply within your role
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
This was the perfect placement for me and has given me the drive and confidence to apply for the graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As there was number of interns- there was a focus on socialising and networking so that everyone got to know each other, this was down to the hard work of the intern committee
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Even though we were based in london- the intern committee considered the fact that we are still students and looked for the events that were good value for money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Being based in London the nightlife was great!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?