Digital Marketing Intern for L'Oreal within the Active Cosmetics Division. As a Digital Intern you have to provide support to your all team on all brands: could be update of websites, promotions, competitions etc.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was the best experience and best internship! I learnt a lot, my team was amazing. The products, the culture and the spirit of L'Oreal UK & IE is just amazing. I highly recommend doing an internship at L'Oreal!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team always explained me work I needed to do, they always listened me and helped me when I had some question. Express my ideas have never been a problem, your voice count! And for an intern, it is exceptional.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
200% support my all my managers. They always gave their time for me, to explain and discover all the software I needed to use within L'Oreal.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
You are never bored! Always things to do and new everyday. You learn a lot, but what is great at L'Oreal is the importance they put in the work/life balance!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Full responsibilities, I had been able to lead my own projects. Initiatives are really well welcomed at L'Oreal!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It clearly has been extremely helpful for my future. I learnt so much during this internship!!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
AMAZING! The Active Cosmetics Division is really the place to be and my team was simply great.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
L'Oreal put a really high importance in the following of interns, you will receive weekly feedback and way of improvement. It was really a plus during my internship because I had been able to focus on some things more. Honestly, L'Oreal is just great!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I assisted to so many conferences, training and development. The culture at L'Oreal is really focused on learning and always understand new challenges. Also, I had the chance to assist to several conferences in London, and for intern it is really valuable because we need to learn a lot!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Always on top! Apply! You will not regret it! L'Oreal offers so many opportunities for everyone.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
You can always meet everyone on the 8th floor, having a coffee and catch up with everyone. It is also a good place to meet new people at L'Oreal!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost was not extremely high as in the center of London, the area grouped so many big companies so it was great as well!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Many places to go out and drink with your colleagues after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Of course! Thanks to this great work life balance, you will definitively have the possibility to do some activities around.