Responsible for all day-to-day administrative tasks with High Street Brands
• Accompanying Buyers on appointments and help choose stock for next season
• Liaising with production and copy to ensure the product looks its best
• Creating presentations for Senior Buyers and helping with strategy meetings
• Writing up and raising orders for all High Street brands
• Liaising and meeting with brand contacts
• Presenting in regular Best/Worst meetings, forums and supplier meetings
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Amazing year, was fully integrated into the team but also had a fantastic placement team who spent time getting us to understand the business and develop skills
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Still remain great friends with all the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular catch ups and feedback
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy but I thrive on pressure and loved the responsibility
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot more than I ever expected, got to make important business decisions and had direct discussions with all levels of management
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I now feel completely ready for joining full-time work and am confident in my ability
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Although everyone did their work there was always communication and a team spirit atmosephere
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Considering we were the first batch of interns on the programme it was amazingly run, with monthly group catch ups, talks and social events.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Went to many training days - was offered more but no time!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Perfect, we joined in as a team with the rest of the employees and went to many social events
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Average for London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's central London so there is something for everyone!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some planned some spontaneous but there was always some form of socialising