1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed my placement year at Warner Bros. immensely. As a huge film lover it feels amazing to be part of this company, experiencing the every-day goings on and being able to contribute towards this myself.There are so many fun opportunities that have popped up throughout my year here, so it has never been a struggle getting up in the morning!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I come into work feeling like a valued part of my team and even the company as a whole. From the get go, my team have been incredibly supportive in regards to getting me stuck into as many different tasks and projects as they can, for my own benefit.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My team have been incredible in terms of support and guidance, by making sure we have regular catch-ups where I can receive feedback as well as giving it myself. I feel immensely lucky to be part of a company where they genuinely care about making my placement year as beneficial for me as possible.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It would be difficult to accurately describe my every day routine, as each week brings different tasks and fun opportunities along with it. I have never been left twiddling my thumbs, as it is important to my team that I am making the most of my year here. It is also important to my team that I am comfortable with my workload, which I discuss with my manager on a weekly basis.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The best thing about my role as a Film Catalogue Marketing Intern is the amount of responsibility that I have actually been given. I am always invited along to important meetings and encouraged to get involved in as many projects as possible, which has really given me a valuable insight into how this industry works. I have even been given the opportunity to be project manager for a couple of promotions and projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I can honestly say that this year is going to make a huge impact on the rest of my career, as I have been able to learn a lot about an industry I am passionate about. As well as this, I have had the most incredible opportunity to develop my own skills, so I now feel prepared and confident in terms of applying for future jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office is amazing, as everyone is super friendly and willing to help you out in terms of giving advice. A placement year at Warner Bros. also means that you are lucky enough to have 50+ other interns which you can socialize and share all your placement experiences with.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Warner Bros. were very on top of making sure everything for my placement was set up on time, as well as keeping track of my progress throughout the year. My manager sits me down every couple of months to run through my placement objectives to see whether I have achieved them, and if I haven't how I can.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Warner Bros. make sure all interns attend multiple training days in order to make the most of our year here. This includes training courses such as Excel, Presenting, Project Thinking Skills. Personal development is also something that my manager keeps on top of, through regular meetings and appraisals.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene is amazing at Warner Bros., as luckily there is a large group of interns, which I believe a lot of placements don't have. All of the interns go out together on a regular basis and I have made some incredible friends since being here.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?