Associate in Audit and Restructuring Services at Deloitte

Accountancy Business Analytics

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.9/10

7.4

Audit - Carrying out testing of parts of the accounts such as cash, fixed assets, revenue, disclosures. Also testing controls. Filling in audit report documents.
RS (insolvency) - Dealing with unsecured creditors, working on IPS the RS software, completing cashier documents, writing letters, agreeing claims.

I enjoyed every aspect of my placement. Each client I worked with presented a new and exciting experience for me.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

In my first rotation on my placement, I immediately was made to feel part of the team and my work was highly valued. On my second rotation I felt a little less valued but still quite an important member of the team.

All the managers and people supervising my work, were very supportive were always willing to answer any questions, stupid or not.

For five of my six weeks on placement I felt I was given enough work to do to keep me busy, but also giving me a little bit of time to see what roles other members of the team played. There was only one week where I just wasn't given much to do at all, even though I kept asking for more work.

I felt i was given just about the right amount of responsibility, so I knew I had to do well and wanted to push myself but was also not pushed so far out of my comfort zone I was stressed.

I had a lack of experience in giving presentations, however on my placement I gave a total of three presentations, which helped increase my confidence at presenting massively.
I also found the more that you were thrown into situations where you didn't know people, for example different teams, working with different clients etc. the more naturally you eased into this type of situation.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

I found the general office atmosphere great, everyone was friendly and willing to have a joke, which gave a good balance between this and the nature of the work.

The organisation was very good, probably because there are so many people doing the placement at the same time. Everyone knew an intern would be arriving and we knew exactly where we had to be and when. The only slight organisational disappointment was that my partner shadow day never got arranged even though we were told this was something we would all get the chance to experience.

I felt the firm were trying to get you to experience as much as you could in your 7 weeks there in order to help you develop your careers aspirations, and exercise business/ numerical skills. We were trained to the extent we needed to be in order to have a basic idea of the types of work we would be doing.

I got offered a job at the firm after my placement and a partner interview.

We had a few organised socials which were always great fun.

I worked in Birmingham where I also study so I did not have to arrange special accommodation.

There are many pubs, bars and clubs around the office.

There were opportunities such of the sports teams and charity runs.