7.9/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
    8.6
  • Socialising

The job basically involves sitting with a supervisor and helping them with any trainee level work that they have. You also are paired with a trainee who gives you little tasks to do.

2. I had a brilliant time. It was genuinely fun. The other people on the scheme were great and the people from the firm we worked with were fantastic too. There were many socials, and all the placement students would go out together aside from those as well. Only reason it doesn't get full marks is that it was still summer and it wasn't a beach.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. People at the firm really made an effort in terms of explaining the way things work but also in terms of finding interesting and real work for you to do and then going through that and thanking you for it. From the partners to the secretaries and trainees, everyone was welcoming and took the time to help us fit in.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. My supervisors were both fantastic. They really to the time to explain things to me but also allowed me to get on with tasks in my own way, before then giving me pointers on better time management, or more efficient ways of getting things done.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. There were times when I could have maybe had a bit more to do but this is not a reflection of the firm or my supervisors but merely the reality of being a student and not actually being qualified to undertake much of the work that needs to be done.

10. Enough to feel like I was actually doing work that was needed and helpful, but I was never snowed under or put under too much pressure.

12. It was definitely a great insight into how the office environment works. They didn't try to hide the realities of the job from you and the supervision and support that was on offer meant that I feel like I was given a good platform upon which to build.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. Definitely a lot more relaxed and fun than an outsider would think. Having said that, it is still an office. People are really down to earth at Linklaters though, success doesn't go to their heads.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. I did 4 vacation schemes and linklaters were by far the most organised. HR were always on hand to answer any questions, and there was never any confusion over seat allocations or interviews etc. Everything was very open and transparent.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. Considering it was just a placement and we hadn't yet been selected to join the firm I felt that they really did make an effort. Many extremely senior people took time out of their days to talk to us including the managing partner of the whole firm.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. 1,4,8

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. They interviewed everyone for a job and I was fortunate enough to be amongst the 80 odd percent who get offers following the placement. Great conversion rate and very very few people get offers and don't accept, which says it all really.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. Still in touch with most of the people from my scheme.

26. Pricey, but to be expected. They paid us well.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. It was in London so there was obviously an endless amount on offer.

30. Very good I felt. We were able to take part in sports matches for the firm and go along to various other events that they put on, not to mention the social events designed specifically for us.

Languages, Legal/Law