Summer Vacation Student - Rotation Scheme at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

8.2/10

7.7
8.6

3 weeks in audit and 3 weeks in tax.

Spent my time doing a wide variety of tasks from testing revenue, checking invoices, learning about the businesses and doing tax returns.

Thoroughly enjoyed my internship, learning about the company and the job.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

SVS students carry a cheaper charge out rate so staff were always pleased when you could do work for them.

Staff answered all questions, were pleased to help and all work was reviewed and pointers were given.

At times there was not much to do, but mainly there was plenty of work to do.

I was given the same work as a normal graduate would be given, so about the same as a full time new start.

Wont really be much use for my degree other than a reference, but social/work/workplace skill are good to have and I would feel OK going into the office next year now I had the experience and skills so its useful for sure.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Obviously it is still an accountants office but the people were good, and there was time to talk and have a good few laughs.

Pretty well organised. I was shuffled around the departments to where the work was which was good.

I felt they invested a lot, in time and money. The top people took time out to talk to me. There was an expensive induction weekend, which was good to meet other students etc. They definitely invest resources allowing you to enjoy and learn from your time there.

Looking forward to starting work next year.

I had 3 other students with me. Enjoyed socialising with them, plus the three day induction event was amazing for meeting and networking.

There are plenty of cheap restaurants, bars and pubs. It is hard to find somewhere to live for only 7 weeks but is cheaper for longer term.

It is famous for good nightlife.

I played football, went to work night outs, and even did karaoke.