Scholar (Audit) at Deloitte

Placement (5-9 Months)

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.0/10

The same job as audit graduates. Performing tests to check the financial statements match to the actual accounts. Normally done by taking samples.

It was difficult as you are treated as a graduate but it is very rewarding as you learn something new every day.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

It is emphasised how important you are to the firm throughout the different levels.

There is a very clear system of support at Deloitte and you are helped if there is something you are struggling with.

Some days there was a lot of work; during busy season in particular.

I was given a lot of responsibility considering I was straight out of High School.

I definitely learnt a lot of time management skills and I appreciate the value of communication and understanding what you are doing before you begin.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

At times it was very fun and at other times it was empty: such is the nature of audit.

It was very well organised. There is a dedicated team and the placement has been running for a long time so it is like a well oiled machine.

I was given lots of training. The same amount as the graduates; which was very positive considering I was only there for 7 months.

I very much enjoyed the placement and I would consider a job with them, however, probably within a different department.

I definitely made some friends for life: during the dark times of busy season there is definitely a strong sense of cameraderie.

London is obviously a very exensive area, but Deloitte often subsidises drinks. Accomodation is very expensive and I would reccomend packed lunch unless you want to spend 7 or 8 pounds a day.

Pretty good, the most favoured place of my department was K box - a karaoke bar. Fabric is just down the road. although I doubt too many company expeditions have ended up there.

Yeah lots, I played hockey a couple of times for Deloitte and I went to a paintballing event. I also ran the London Marathon through Deloitte which was probably the highlight of my time there.