2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They appreciated my effort and thanked my accordingly. I felt a member of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Doing an internship in audit, we were to a large extent expected to pick things up on our own with no formal training. This helped us to learn very quickly by may not work for everyone. On the other hand, whenever I had a problem, my colleagues were always very happy to talk me through it.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied from being very busy all day to a few quite mornings in the office. However, we had been given a project to work on for this quiet time, and so I was never doing nothing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As already said, we were expected to contribute quite a lot to the audit. I completed many testing worksheets largely on my own. They would be checked by a manager, as with all worksheets, but my work was trusted to be of a high standard.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I made a few presentations over the scheme and very much felt an improvement in this aspect which has helped me in my final year at university.
Imagine yourself working at Deloitte
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte