7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was extremely welcoming and easy to talk to. With the office being open plan it is easy to talk to your colleagues and senior members of staff if you need any help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My placement was split 3 weeks in Audit and 3 Weeks in tax. You are allocated specific tasks from week to week to give you a broad experience of the business.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
For the first week of the placement you receive three days off site training (including team building and business related exercises) to allow you to meet your fellow interns and then two days on site training to get a hand on the practical aspects of the job. Throughout the placement senior staff are eager for you to learn and take the time to explain things to you.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
One major benefit of taking part in the scheme is the potential for a graduate job at the end of your final year of university. The options are extremely flexible which is particularly attractive.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
During my time there there were nights out as well as staff lunches and client meals. There is also a good sport scene which many staff members involved in some sort of extra-curricular activity.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My placement was in Newcastle where living costs are, on the whole, fairly cheap. My major expense was living accommodation but this was more than covered by the salary.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is something for everyone, with good restaurants, pubs and clubs as well as cinemas and music venues.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, although if you want to get involved you have to take a pro-active approach.
Imagine yourself working at Deloitte
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte