Spring Week intern at UBS

London Greater London
Accountancy Actuarial Banking - Investment Banking - Retail Banking/Finance Business Analytics

UBS is a Top Employer

7.1/10

There were so many challenging aspects of the spring week, but this is what made it so interesting in my opinion. During the difficult areas, I would say I learnt a very large amount but it perhaps would've been utilised much better had I been given the chance to prepare the background knowledge and understand the concepts a bit better.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

There were many opportunities for contribution during the activities and this gave everybody an equal opportunity to get their voice heard. Whenever there were any queries or times when you needed help, This section of the comment has been removed
by a member of the RateMyPlacement Team because
it did not meet our site terms and conditions
were happy to answer any questions no matter how important or simple you thought the question was.

The workshops were all run by graduates, workers in that certain industry etc. and they were all around and available to help whenever you are stuck with the challenges. It was extremely useful to have breakdowns during the day and guidance on what we need to know for the future application process etc.

I am currently studying Economics, and the finance aspect of this spring week were related to the macroeconomics side, talking about how interest rates and other factors affect different areas within the bank such as bond prices. It was incredibly useful to hear the advice on how to progress in the UBS interviews as I can apply these to any area in the finance industry.

The timetables we were given of the three days were extremely useful because we could follow along and perhaps plan ahead of time everything we needed to do. The one thing I would improve in this area was that fact that we ran over the time several times, so perhaps it would be useful to account for this in the future.

The people in this spring week were extremely friendly and welcoming, which was actually quite surprising and was a pleasant way of easing into the process. All the staff were extremely lovely too despite me thinking this would be a very heated, intense experience. This allowed me to make the most of the week and be comfortable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The fact that the company's senior members and any level of employee decided to devote the time to talk to us was extremely beneficial and showed that the company is willing to take the time to give us workshops and other activities to teach us the related skills to the areas

Hearing the senior members of the company talk to us about how they managed to reach their position from our own position where we are right now teaches us what is needed to reach their role and the specific steps we have to go through to get there, including the hours and requirements etc.

Culture appears to be extremely important to UBS and we have to learn all the core competencies etc. that make up the company, there were many videos and workshops devoted to learning this information and making sure that we are fully familiar and aware of all of these core values.

This week has proven to myself that I am extremely interested in the specific area of asset management, it has helped me in shaping an opinion on where i believe my skill set would be most valuable and where i could utilise it the most while also finding it enjoyable.