Summer Vacation Student at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.6

6.5

Professional services rotation in tax and audit. 3 weeks was spent in tax, and 3 weeks in audit.
Tax task included completing corporate and personal tax returns, attending client meetings and communication with the HMRC.
Audit tasks include working on client site, looking and analysing financial statements, tying financial statements, and spreadsheet work.

Great place to work, the company treated us so well.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

The people were fantasic, met some firends for life. Seems to be a very social company.

Our mentors and buddies were always willing to help out. They took the time to teach exactly what we needed to do and provided valued feedback.

I think it was during quiet season so therefore sometimes we were looking for extra work and asking round. If you went to ask for work people always did have things for you to do however.

More than I expected anyway! I thought we would be working on fictional clients but we actually got to work with real clients.

I learned a vast amount about myself as well as skills relelvant to my degree.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at Deloitte

I think they managed to maintain a good balance, the atmosphere wasn't relaxed but it wasn't.

Again, I think due to quiet season, it was difficult for people to find work for us, this could be organised better.

The company put so much money into us. Firstly by taking us down to a hotel for a few days to meet and network with other students, then by spending time training us.

Was offered and able to defer until 2013.

Lots of entire office socials, but there were only 3 of us on the scheme and therefore we got to know each other well but we wouldn't be able to fill a party.

Edinburgh is pretty expensive for living

Nightlife is great and having been a student in Edinburgh I know all the good place to go.

We were given a Deloitte task outside work which we were able to take part in. Apart from that not much.