1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My jobb was engaging. I worked on delivering on a regulatory reports, some data entries to compliance departments, supporting regulatory analysis of draft laws and some clerical duties. Go Abroad China found me a position that really offered all i was looking for in an internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt part of the team. My team was really supportive and engaged with me. i was able to voice out my opinions and manage a few tasks within our team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was encouraged to ask questions anytime I was unsure. I was always supervised and got feedback on my performance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had various projects to work on. We were using a slack software were our tasks were laid out weekly, so I always had tasks to submit in the coming weeks. Basically everyone was always preoccupied.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I worked on really engaging tasks and had the chance to manage tasks in my team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I gained valuable skills from my internship. These skills would really help me stand out in the job market and compliment my CV really well in addition to my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Most times it was noisy in some departments, but understandable as everyone had a target to meet and projects to hand in.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was a bit cramped up when I began, as my experience was being accessed by my supervisor in order to give to create my tasks, since I was just interning for 3months, I actually started doing real work in the 2nd month.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
For personal development, I attended the networking events by Go Abroad China, the company didnt provide much of this, but there were mentors to speak to for career advice.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would consider it.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It was mostly busy at the office so there was really no social scene
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My accommodation was really close to the office, so Id just work each day
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I attended the Go abroad china activities during the weekend