I worked on digital marketing, developing marketing materials and assisted with clerical and administrative tasks
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship was great. Even though the job tasks were not inline with my career field, I was able to develop tasks that enabled me gain new skills and contribute positively to the business. The staffs and manager were really friendly and wanted to make sure I was getting the experience I needed. I really appreciate the support I got from my Go Abroad China mentor who provided valuable advice and assistance to during my internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I worked with really amazing people who were professionals in their fields. Although I wasn't working on tasks related to my career field, I gained transferable skills that would be beneficial to me as I progress in life and in my career.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was assisted whenever i had an issue and I was able to ask my supervisor any question I had. I could also ask a co worrker for assistance and I received this anytime i asked.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
When I came in my manager had to plan out what tasks I would be working on and the specific team I would be assisting during my internship. So I rarely had anything to do during the first month,but then I then offered to work with the marketing team since I had some digital marketing skills. There was so much task to work on and I did enjoy working with the team all through my internship
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Working with the Marketing team allowed my to develop my digital marketing experience. I was allowed to come up with designs and develop this design after they were approved.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Apart from the digital marketing tasks I developed during my internship, taking this internship was very valuable as I gained experiences that i would not be able to get through studying in the university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Focused. Everyone was really skilled in their career field, it was an atmosphere where I was able to gain transferable skills, ask questions and get support.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I would say it was organized, though my first month was really me trying to find where i would fit in, but I was able to get a structured plan in the following months
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I got to work with various team in each department and my supervisor also gave me tasks that helped in my professional developemnt
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If a job position comes up in the company, I would probably consider going back.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We would all visit the cafeteria at the shopping mall beside the office during our breaks, this was great time to chill and hangout.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Food was fairly cheap in Shanghai
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I rarely went out, but there several pubs and bars around my accommodation.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were regular networking events organized each week by the company during this time, I and a few colleagues from work would usually attend these events which were really great and social.