My tasks included:
Collaboration with idea owners to capture and develop their innovation story
Market scouting for new ideas, technologies and companies
Co-Ordinating workshops and meetings
Providing insights into new trends
Supporting team in the delivery of innovation projects
Attending networking events and trade fairs and conferences
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship was really engaging and worthwhile. I had a supervisor that really cared about my professional development and growth. I was also able to make great friends with my coworkers who were always open to help whenever i needed.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
This is one of the reasons I truly enjoyed my internship.The office environment was fun, though everyone was focused and had tasks they were working on competleing. As my first ever work experience, I gained so much professional knowledge at my internship company.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was always available. I would regularly catch up with her on the progress of my tasks and got valuable feedback on how to proceed or changes to be made. Overall, my supervisor was really supportive.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I really busy preoccupied during my internship. I had to juggle going to my Chinese language classes while interning and I had so much tasks assigned to me to be completed. However I was able to schedule my time properly and my supervisor was really understanding and supportive to me
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given really valuable and worthwhile tasks aimed at both my professional and personal development. Apart from the usual office tasks, I was given the opportunity to visit networking events organised by my internship company and Go Abroad China gaining valuable networks and exposure in the process
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt more in my internship than from my degree. Hands on experiences surpasses the usual theory based structure you receive from the university. I was able to boost my confidence, communicate effectively, while also gaining new skills from my supervisor.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was really focused but fun. Everyone had tasks to complete, though were supportive of each other when ever anyone encountered an issue.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My internship program was really structured. I gained more understanding of the Chinese environment from the Chinese Language classes I attended organised by GAC and got valuable experience from my internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My supervisor was really interested in my professional growth and wanted to make sure I gained alot from the opportunity I had of interning in China. I was given managerial tasks and sometimes assisted the manager in his activities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Im currently doing my MBA now, but if any job opportunities were to arise in the company, I would definitely take it as I would be working forward to progress in my career at the company
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had a foosball table in our office everyone would gather round at the end of the day for a tense game, it was really fun.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Food in Beijing is really cheap and theres so much to choose from, for me i was comfortable as I was also getting paid from my internship.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were loads of bars and clubs around Sanlitun and Wudaoku, I had pretty fun nights.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
One of my tasks was to attend a networking event in Shanghai, I was thrilled to visit Shanghai and also had a great time at the event